Recipe of Black Forest Cake
Do you like this story?
The very first recipe of this cake appeared in 1934.This black current cake reminds people about the thick trees that grow in the black forest. There are many stories written in the book and recipe's book about this cake. This black current ckae gain most popularity in very short time.
It could have originated from a dessert that was made in the region that combined cream, cherries, and kirsch, although it was not a cake. Black current could originated from the dessert which in neighbourhood of combined cream, fresh cherries and kirsch.
Method For Making Black Forest Cake
- Sieve the flour with baking powder and cocoa.
- Separate the whites and the yolks.
- Squash the egg whites, gradually adding in the sugar, at little time, till it get stiff and peaks are formed.
- Squash the egg yolks and add it to the egg whites.
- Beat them together for few more minutes.
- Fold in the sieved flour and milk and mix well.
- Grease a medium sized tin and dust it with flour.
- Pre-heat the oven for a few minutes.
- Bake the cake at 200 degree C approximately for 30 minutes.
- Insert a knife in the centre, if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
The Icing Method of Black Forest Cake
- Cool the cake completely and slice it into two halves.
- Soak the two halves with some rum.
- Gently smash the fresh cream on ice , whip the cream till it thickens.
- Smash the egg whites, gradually adding in the icing sugar, till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the Smashed egg whites to the cream. Take out seeds from the cherries.
- Keep aside a few cherries for decoration and finely chop the rest.
- Add the chopped cherries to half the whipped cream.
- Evenly spread out the cream with the chopped cherries, on the bottom half of the cake.
- Press the other half over it.
- Cover the top and the sides of the cake with the kept aside cream.
- Decorate with cherries and grated chocolate.
Related Posts : Health Facts
This post was written by: bLoGgEr_pRaTTs
bLoGgEr_pRaTTs is a professional blogger and writting on various articles on the web. Follow him on Twitter