Hepatitis B - Causes, Symptoms and Home Treatment
Do you like this story?
The long term hepatitis infection can damage our liver. Mostly babies and children are infected by hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B is a virus which infects the liver and sometime it damages the liver. There are more than 600,000 dying every year. Hepatitis virus reproduces itself in the liver cells and lowers down the immune system of the body, b y this immune starts inflammation and cause to damage of liver cells.
Causes of Hepatitis B
Hepatitis B is caused hepatitis B virus and it can spread easily by contact of blood and body fluids. Hepatitis B can spread by these ways:
- Sexual intercourse with infected person without condom.
- By using used needles.
- Share razors and toothbrush.
- Using soap that used by infected person.
The feel like flu is the first symptom of hepatitis B, but there are more symptoms:
- Always feels like tired.
- Headache and fever.
- Vomiting and feeling stomach sickness.
- Stomach pain.
- No want to eat anything.
- Jaundice and yellow eyes.
- Muscle ache and joint pain.
Treatment of hepatitis B virus (HBV) is depending upon the activeness of virus and condition of liver. The short term hepatitis B goes away on its own and in long term it requires proper medication.
If you have long term hepatitis, then you have to follow these steps below with proper medicine prescribed by your doctor. As per home treatment it requires some changes like:
- Reduce Activity: Slow down your physical activities when you are tired. Take proper rest.
- Stop Extra Work: Don’t take unless workloads like school work and office work.
- Eat Proper Food: Eating well is the most important to fight with hepatitis B. Eat health and light food.
- Take Rich Diet: Eat foods which are high in calories and protein but in balanced way. Over eating may feel you nausea and loss of appetite.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Always keep your body well hydrated. Drink 10-12 glasses of water every day.
- Drink Fruit Juice: If you feel good with fruit juice, drink fruit juice. Fruit juice helps you in making energy level.
- Energy Drink: You can also take energy drink like glucose, it’s easily available at medical store. These drinks help you in regaining essential minerals which are lost in vomiting.
- Take Medicine Properly: The medicine recommended by your doctor, don’t stop taking them. Take all the medicine as doctor recommended.
- Stop Taking Alcohol: If you take alcohol, stop taking. Alcohol puts more load on your liver.
- Consult with Your Doctor: Go to your doctor for regular checkups. Hepatitis can lead to liver damage that’s why regular checkups are must.
Related Posts : Fitness and Health
This post was written by: bLoGgEr_pRaTTs
bLoGgEr_pRaTTs is a professional blogger and writting on various articles on the web. Follow him on Twitter